Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HTML purifier for Joomla?

Posted by Nemesis Design 
Nemesis Design
HTML purifier for Joomla?
August 06, 2007 06:11AM

Hi, i think your work is very useful. I work as web designer with a team that has chosen to work and develop mainly with Joomla, but we found a problem: when we finish a work and we give access to modify / insert pages to the customer, most times the work that we have done to maintain a valid xhtml get lost because the customer naturally doesn't know (and doesn't mind) xhtml. So i think that a Joomla HTML Purifier Plugin wuold be GREAT, and i would be very happy to help developing something like that. Let me know. Thank You.

Federico aka Nemesis

Re: HTML purifier for Joomla?
August 06, 2007 10:48AM

A plugin for Joomla would be delightful! Send me the link if you guys develop one.

Nemesis Design
February 07, 2008 07:59AM

Hey i've found time to do that! :-)

I've made for Joomla 1.0 and today i will make for Joomla 1.5, then i'll send you a link and i'll publish on extensions.joomla.org

need to be tested!

Probably if this plugin will work fine it will be possible to use xhtml sctrict doctype with Joomla 1.5, that would good!

February 07, 2008 08:24AM

Ok, sounds good!

Nemesis Design
February 08, 2008 08:18AM
February 08, 2008 01:32PM

Ok, I haven't actually tried it myself, but here are some comments:

3.0 3 version

There is no 3.0.3 version of HTML Purifier! :-)

Plugin allows configuration of the following parameters:

You may want to look into the HTMLPurifier_Printer_ConfigForm class, which generates HTML forms for HTML Purifier and may make things very easy for you.

deactivate the plugin simply writing

This is probably a good idea for administrators, but not for comments and stuff. Make sure you don't let anonymous users disable HTML Purifier!

Nemesis Design
February 09, 2008 06:51AM

Hi,

3.0 3 ... ehehehe, little typing error, i have corrected.

Parameters can be setted easily from the joomla backend with some select lists. Surely i will look for more parameters that can be setted.

Plugin works this way:

it analyze the content of joomla articles, and purifies them. So it's not for security now, but just for gain a valid xhtml.

Don't worry about {disablepurifier}, for the moment the plugin purifies only html of contents of the administrators. Forum and other components have their own security restriction that work quite well.

I need someone else that knows well Joomla helping me testing it and that suggesting me ideas to make it better.

Here is the page on joomla.org extension: http://extensions.joomla.org/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,4094/Itemid,35/

Nemesis Design
February 09, 2008 08:23PM

You can also spread the word by clicking on the "Joom Vote" button.

Bob
April 03, 2008 07:57PM

This is great, I hope it makes it as a great addition to Joomla!, I added a review, noting I think adding PHPIDS and the addition to be able to add your fourms/comment boxes/contact etc. would make this a real winner.

Thank you for getting this started, much appreciated.

Nemesis
April 09, 2008 02:11PM

Thank you for your appreciation, what is PHPIDS?

I wanna also make a question to the creator of this library: why in the homepage of this site are mentioned all plugins except the Joomla plugin?

April 22, 2008 01:43PM

I've been a little lazy updating the front page with plugins. Joomla is one, I think Aliro is another... there's a bunch.

I have a personal policy of not posting the plugins until I've tried them myself. :-)

Federico Capoano
October 19, 2010 10:32AM

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that I updated the plugin so it contains the latest version of HTML Purifier library (v4.2.0 at the moment) and fixed some issues reported by some Joomla users.

I moved the plugin to my new blog: http://nemesisdesign.net/blog/coding/html-purifier-plugin-joomla/

Thanks Federico Capoano

November 12, 2010 10:52AM

I've added a link to you!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.