Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Forum source availability?

Posted by Niels 
Niels
Forum source availability?
August 08, 2007 08:26AM

I was looking at implementing HTML purifier on a different forum base, and the got to thinking, "Why reinvent the wheel?".

These forums seem to have everything one could want; ease of use, decent features (including search) and presumably security thought into the design from the start -- I am sure it makes use of HTML purifier, at the least.

Especially that last one is really very hard to find, so I was wondering if the source is already available somewhere, that I have simply been unable to find, or if you would be interested in sharing with the unwashed masses?

Re: Forum source availability?
August 08, 2007 10:55AM

The forums we run here are Phorum (for security reasons, we do not publish its name on every page). There are a few skinning patches and the HTML Purifier Phorum Mod is installed. Of course, if you do implement an HTML Purifier plugin for a different forum like phpBB, I'd be more than happy to link to it from our front page.

Niels
Re: Forum source availability?
August 08, 2007 03:19PM

Thank you kindly for the reply!

I'm going to see if I can do what I want with Phorum (I suspect I can). But if it turns out not to be the case, and I do in fact end up with something I feel I can show the world, you can be sure I shall let you know.

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.