Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

HTML5 Donation

Posted by atDev 
HTML5 Donation
March 02, 2013 11:27AM

Hi,

I apologize if there is something new on the HTML5 front with htmlpurifier but everything I have read says it has not been implemented and probably won't be. It seems the current solution is to add custom elements to support at least a subset of the tags, etc.

Would a donation/investment (in other words $) change this? It seems the demand is there, and if this indeed would provide the resources for you to get HTML5 support implemented, I would be willing to lead a fundraiser from interested parties to get what is needed.

Thanks! atDev

Re: HTML5 Donation
March 08, 2013 04:04AM

It'd probably be better if I organized the fundraiser. But I don't know if there'd be sufficient interest; the task would be maybe be a week of full time work.

Michael Dale
March 10, 2013 06:05AM

We would be happy to donate $50-100 towards this.

March 10, 2013 05:10PM

Would you go ahead and start the fundraiser then somewhere? Perhaps a kickstarter or giveforward website would be useful. After researching HTML5 in HTMLPurifier we see there is definitely a need for it.

What $ amount would be sufficient?

May 21, 2013 08:25PM

OK, sorry about dragging my feet; this will probably have to wait until this summer.

June 05, 2013 04:09PM

Anything I can do to help as far as rounding up donations or did you start a way to donate towards this feature yet?

Miller
August 13, 2013 04:23PM

HTML5 support might be more difficult than this topic implies, especially if you want to protect things like the <canvas> element from being exploited.

If you’re just looking to enable the <article>, <aside>, <nav>, etc. elements, it shouldn’t be all that challenging — although allowing things like wrapping any element or number of elements within an <a> or something might be a little bit larger scope.

Perhaps the most difficult challenge would be the ever-evolving spec. At least with XHTML and HTML 4.01 specs, what’s done is done. In this case, we’re talking about implementing a spec that could change all the time.

Shaun Moss
October 22, 2013 01:58AM

How did the fundraiser go? Like many others, I would like to include HTMLPurifier with HTML5 in my site. I could certainly come up with a few hundred $$$ to make this happen.

Shaun (mossy2100)

October 22, 2013 02:23AM

In the end, I never ended up getting around to setting up a fundraiser; my apologies. :-(

Leo
December 25, 2013 07:34AM

I couldn't agree more.

Fact: The need for HTML5 support is definately (out) there.

Fact: I have no idea how many, but more than a few people would be willing to donate to the cause to get it done.

Please, there must be a way to get it done. It seems to be more about time than money.

Alex Kennberg
January 14, 2014 02:19AM

I started putting together the tags on github as part of a loading function. Contributions are welcome.

https://github.com/kennberg/php-htmlpurfier-html5

Purin00b
May 04, 2014 08:09AM

What is the status of this? Is HTML Purifier dying slowly?

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.