Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Thanks for HTMLPurifier

Posted by Misha 
Thanks for HTMLPurifier
March 23, 2007 07:07PM

I really do not know how to thank you!

I will donate as soon as possible (I do not have a paying job right now), because this class/library is amazing. Before HTMLpurifier, I had to do something like the following:

1) Use a function to check for invalidly nested tags 2) Filter everything with kses 3) Run a paragraph cleaner tag 4) Filter everything with HTMLTidy 5) Strip stuff I did not want from the output of HTMLTidy using regexps

Not to mention, having all this work together was a big headache, especially if you add TinyMCE to the mix.

So thank you for HTMLPurifier, this is simply the best stuff!

Re: Thanks for HTMLPurifier
March 23, 2007 08:27PM

Thank you! I don't have a donation page set up, but you can help us out by telling all your friends about this library.

March 24, 2007 06:15PM

I will!

June 20, 2007 10:30PM

I would also like to give a big fat shout-out to Ambush Commander and anyone else who has had a hand in writing this awesome library. At least I hope it's as awesome as I think it is, because if it's not, I'm in trouble. Anyway, I love this library. I will gladly fork up a donation on behalf of my business if you set up a form.

June 20, 2007 11:36PM

Thank you! I still don't have a donation page setup, so you'll have to settle with spreading the word. If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to post in the Support forum.

AlexG
July 15, 2007 07:22AM

I love you man! You have no idea how much hours, weeks, ... Jesus, even months of frustrating work you saved me with this wonderful Library. Forget BBCode, which (shame on me) I was thinking of using, with HTMLPurifier I am set for life.

I am already spreading the word and I would gladly fork out a donation if you decide to accept them someday.

By the way, you should consider spreading the news about this Library, I found a link to this web site by luck at the bottom of a page at TinyMce's Wiki.

Good luck with future versions,

Alex
July 29, 2007 08:37AM

Thanks for such a great library! I'm currently developing a website which includes the functionality for all registered organisations to create a webpage through FCKeditor. Most answers I found on the web to mitigating XSS involved using regexes to strip out <script> tags (which obviously won't stop most attempts) or whitelists/BBcode which would have prevented users making their page look just how they wanted.

I got HTML Purifier installed and integrated in under a minute and I'll definitely be telling other developers about it (and donating if you add a page for that). Cheers!

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.