Welcome! » Log In » Create A New Profile

Purifier returns nothing on production server

Posted by Ryan 

Hi,

I recently inherited some code at a new company that worked up until we upgraded to PHP 7.1.0. Now my dev environment works beautifully with the code and closes a missing "strong" tag, but once I push it to production, it dies and returns nothing. I can't figure out where it's going wrong, and wondering if you can take a look. Here's the code in question:

if (!function_exists('purify_html')) {
    function purify_html($dirty_html) {
      $config = HTMLPurifier_Config::createDefault();
      $config->set('Cache.DefinitionImpl', null); /* Disable cache because it requires chmodding */
      $purifier = new HTMLPurifier($config);
      return $purifier->purify($dirty_html);
    }
}

Any ideas? Let me know.

Re: Purifier returns nothing on production server
May 16, 2017 09:53PM

We are attempting to debug an infinite loop on PHP 7 at https://github.com/ezyang/htmlpurifier/issues/134 ; perhaps the symptoms coincide?

Otherwise, it will be difficult for me to meaningfully helpful if you can't turn up with some error logs.

Author:
Your Email:

Subject:

HTML input is enabled. Make sure you escape all HTML and angled brackets with < and >.

Auto-paragraphing is enabled. Double newlines will be converted to paragraphs; for single newlines, use the pre tag.

Allowed tags: a, abbr, acronym, b, blockquote, caption, cite, code, dd, del, dfn, div, dl, dt, em, i, ins, kbd, li, ol, p, pre, s, strike, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, tfoot, th, thead, tr, tt, u, ul, var.

For inputting literal code such as HTML and PHP for display, use CDATA tags to auto-escape your angled brackets, and pre to preserve newlines:

<pre><![CDATA[
Place code here
]]></pre>

Power users, you can hide this notice with:

.htmlpurifier-help {display:none;}